Friday, March 18, 2011

Braintryingtoeruptoutofskull

Has it ever occurered to anyone,whether that be teachers,parents,ect., that perhaps we (meaning all of mankind) have been forced to reach the idea of adulthood before we are mentally or emotionally ready? At the age of eighteen we inherit the responsibility of laws our parents follow, the ability to vote,serve our country and enter into legally binding contracts that have the potential to ruin our lives. In highschool we are taught that the teenage brain is not fully developed,yet as seniors we are pushed to choose a college for our future. This is often a life altering choice. So much is expected out of we teens. How many times have you felt overwhelmed or stretched beyond your limit yet forced to go on, pushing past your emotional and mental limit? Too many times for many of us. Where is the line? And who draws this line? Is it us, the students who are effected and dare I say tortured, who say no to our oppressors? Or is the very people who shove this ideal young adult theory in our minds who draw the line? Yet for all my talk I will go about my day tomrrow as if no epiphany has been made. I will continue to please the oppressors for their benefit.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I don't know about oppression, but I agree that some of the most critical and important decisions that affect the rest of our lives are made from the ages 18 to 21. The fact that you are thinking about that gives me a lot of hope for you!

    ReplyDelete